Friday, February 3, 2012

Wonder Woman


I did this drawing of Wonder Woman in my spare time, just so I could work on that costume. I don’t hate it as much now, but I still feel like it’s more complicated than it needs to be.

The trickiest part of this for me was retaining her femininity, but weird things happen to your drawing style when you watch a two day marathon of RuPaul’s Drag Race. The shape of the face was reworked, but thankfully, she has black hair, making it an easy fix.

The hands were the trickier part. Knowing that the face still retained some masculine properties, I didn't want to give her man hands. I referenced the hands, and in the process, moved her left hand (her left, not yours)three times to get the placement where I wanted it and where it worked anatomically.

No comments: