Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lunch Sketch - FELL

Decided to trade away my FELL comics last night. It took some doing, but I finally pulled the trigger. I picked up the tpb last Summer and was fortunate enough to have Ben Templesmith sign it for me at last year's Heroes Con. So trading the actual comics was something I was prepared to do...even though I LOVE this story! If you haven't read it yet, do yourself a favor and pick it up.

So while I brooded over the decision today at lunch I decided to do a quick send up of the lead character Detective Richard Fell. I'm not even in the same universe as Templesmith, but I sketched it out anyway! I tried to keep my style (whatever that is) out of the piece and just try to capture the character. So this piece was pretty quick...most of the time was spent in photoshop filling in blacks!

Hope you enjoy it...and go read some FELL! :)



apologies to Ellis & Templesmith...ESPECIALLY Templesmith! ;)

No comments: