Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lunch Sketch - T-Rex close up

I've been contemplating drawing a Tyrannosaurus Rex in a 2 page story I'm writing, so I decided to take a stab at doing a few quick studies to see if it was something I would end up using.
Enter the neat lil' 5 x 7 sketchbook I got as a Christmas present. Perfect for just this sort of thing. Rather than try and squeeze a lot on a small page I decided to zoom in on an area of interest...the T-Rex's eye.
Did this at lunch with an everyday ordinary pencil...funny thing is that even though I'm pleased with the outcome I may end up not even using it!

2 comments:

Spunk Monkey said...

Creepy, that eye follow me wherever I am. Nice job.

Brandon Padgett said...

Thanks! It's hard to get that "following eye" effect when you're actually trying for it, it really helps when you're oblivious about it! :)